Sunday 3 May 2015

Claudia Shoot*








These are the final images for Claudia. I chose to go with a very Gothic glam look for her, which in keeps with Brigette Ellis's make up on the show. I have gone for a dark purple smokey eye with dramatic liner and vampy purple lips. A concern I had with this make up look was making it clear that Claudia was a vampire. The Vampires on the show clearly have something extra about them, but unless their fangs are out its not in your face. I added extra redness around the eyes and tearduct, and didnt bronze the skin.  I did use some fake fangs in my look, as I love how fierce the Vampires on True Blood look with their fangs out. I was unsure wether to add the tear of blood to my look, so first I created it without. I ended up really liking the tear, I think it adds something extra to my design that makes it clear which show the character belongs in, and shows Claudia's upset for hurting Quentin. I loosely curled and then backcombed my models hair to create an almost 80's rocker look. For Claudia's clothes, I went for a netted bralette and leather jacket and shorts combination. This is similar to the way the True Blood Vampires dress, as it is seductively Gothic, but still adds sex appeal to the show.

Overall I was pleased with the way this look went, if I was to do it again I would make some minor changes such as purchasing a red eyeliner pencil, as then I could add more redness to the eyes safely, and also telling my model in advance to not tan her skin prior to the shoot, as this made it difficult for me to achieve the skin tone I wanted without painting the entire body.

No comments:

Post a Comment