Monday 4 May 2015

Project Evaluation

Overall I have really enjoyed this project. I have loved getting the opportunity to create my own characters for a TV show and the amount of flexibility we had to use our imaginations and artistic licence. I am a fan of the Gothic Horror genre so it was great to learn more about a topic I already loved, and pick from TV Series's that I enjoy to introduce my character in. I had already watched American Horror Story, True Blood and the Vampire Diaries, so I knew initially I wanted to introduce my characters to a show I already loved and understood as it would be easier to imagine how they would fit into the plots. True Blood was the one I had watched most recently and I love the dark, southern themes running through it with links to religion and prejudice, so felt it was perfect to introduce my characters into. I loved continuing to learn about special effects I could use to make my work more original and creative, and researching some techniques out of class. I found some of the techniques challenging at first but have practised a lot more in my own time this project to gain confidence. I made the decision to use the same model for both characters, as I wanted Quentin to be a reflection of Claudia as he is a figment of her imagination, and also for him to have a slightly more feminine look about him as he is so emasculated. I wanted my characters to be original, but still recognisable as True Blood characters, which is why I chose to use the word 'mine' which has a lot of meaning within the show, and I chose to add a blood tear to Claudia's look. I think my favourite thing about this project has to be how flexible the brief has been, I find it easier to think of creating ideas and complete my own research when there is more room for imagination and creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment