Saturday 11 April 2015

True Blood


True Blood is my chosen TV series in which to introduce the characters of Claudia and Quentin. It follows the character of a telepathic waitress, Sookie Stackhouse who lives in the town of Bon Temps, Louisiana where Vampires have come 'out of the coffin' due to the production of a synthetic blood that allows them to not feed on humans. Living side by side with the human world True Blood explores the idea of what it would be like to live amongst the Gothic. The reason I picked True Blood as the series for which I created my characters, is I love the dark, twisted feel the programme has (made apparent in the opening credits by the 'Deep South' feel, showing Louisiana swamps, the church, sex, blood etc) while still having a lot of sex appeal and interesting story lines. The show is definitely not suitable for anyone under 16, as it features a lot of sex and graphic and violent scenes.


Image available at : http://trueblood.wikia.com/wiki/Season_1
Image available at: http://portable.tv/culture/post/the-6-stupidest-things-on-true-blood/attachment/jessica-vampire-hanby-true-blood/
Image available at: http://www.wired.com/2010/06/blowback-true-blood/
Image available at: http://trueblood.wikia.com/wiki/File:Tumblr_m7mb61bNqz1rykmlmo1_500.jpg
As you can see from the pictures above, the female vampires dress in a very provocative, decadently gothic and slightly trashy way. I want my character to be able to explore this style as in her human life she was very restricted and from a strict, religious, traditional southern family. I really liked the idea of Claudia being a Vampire, and Quentin being human, as she is the one who is free and he the one who is restricted which is the opposite of traditional Vampire fiction where it is usually the man who is a supernatural. I thought True Blood would be a great series to bring my characters in to as it pushes the stereotypical boundaries and anything seems to be possible. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete